Chief Financial Officer/Vice President of Finance
Position: Yellowstone Boys and Girls Ranch Foundation, established in 1984 and located in Billings, MT, seeks an individual with a passion for helping emotionally troubled children for a long-term, full-time position as the Chief Financial Officer / Vice President of Finance.
Mission: Yellowstone Boys and Girls Ranch Foundation (Yellowstone Foundation) raises funds and awareness in support of Yellowstone Boys and Girls Ranch (YBGR) of Billings, MT. YBGR is a non-profit, fully accredited, comprehensive mental health services organization providing psychiatric residential and community-based treatment for emotionally disturbed youth and their families. Learn more about Yellowstone Foundation by visiting www.yellowstonefoundation.org and about YBGR by visiting www.ybgr.org.
Primary Functions: Provide objective and highly accurate financial information and reports to the Yellowstone Foundation Management Team and Board of Directors. Support all Yellowstone Foundation staff positions in all matters relating to finance, budget and human resources. Administer Charitable Trusts and Annuities.
Specific Job Functions:
1. Employ fund accounting for the organization and oversee accounting policies/procedures.
2. Prepare and monitor annual budget with assistance from all departments.
3. Ensure completion of annual audit.
4. Ensure completion of annual 990.
5. Supervise Accounting/Payroll Clerk.
6. Human Resources
– Maintain personnel records for a staff of approximately 10.
– Coordinate benefits administration.
– Monitor fund investments/allocations to ensure compliance with Board policies.
– Work with brokers in setting up new accounts and maintaining relationships.
– Facilitate Investment Committee meetings.
8. Prepare and present all requested quarterly and year-end financials and reports.
9. Charitable Trust Administration
– Ensure new trusts are established in fiduciary software and assets invested.
– Establish trust values annually to determine trust payments to beneficiaries.
– Analyze trust cash needs and communicate with brokers.
– Prepare approximately 100 trust tax returns, K-1s and trust activity reports.
– Assist in managing property taken into trust until liquidated.
10. Manage IT provider and other vendor relationships.
11. Manage organization’s insurance needs.
12. Work with 3rd party providers to ensure compliance with solicitation registration in all states.
13. Oversee building, equipment and vehicle maintenance.
14. Maintain Board records and minutes.
15. Assess financial risks and opportunities for the organization.
16. Contribute to establishing strategic goals and outcomes of Foundation as active member of Management Team.
17. Other duties as may be assigned.
1. Minimum Bachelor’s-level degree in Accounting or Business Administration.
2. Minimum five years accounting experience with progressively responsible financial leadership roles; non-profit fund accounting experience preferred.
3. Work is primarily in an office environment. The position involves frequent sitting, continuous full use of hands, keyboarding, clear vision, the ability to speak and hear normal conversation, and intermittently moving or carrying 5 to 25 pounds. The position requires high attention to detail with frequent deadlines.
Reports to: President, Yellowstone Boys and Girls Ranch Foundation, Inc.
Salary: Professional level salary, commensurate with education and experience. Benefits include medical insurance, life and disability insurance, a retirement plan and paid vacation and sick leave. Applicants are encouraged to indicate salary requirements in their letter of interest.
Deadline: The position is open until filled.
Application Process: Submit resume and letter of interest to Yellowstone Boys and Girls Ranch Foundation, Inc., c/o William A. Hritsco, 2050 Overland Ave., Billings, MT 59102. Applications will be kept confidential.