Position: VICE PRESIDENT OF DATA & MARKETING
Supervision: This position reports to the Executive Vice President of Development.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
– Maintain Raiser’s Edge donor database/files.
– Create queries for direct mail initiative and to optimize Planned Giving and Development’s use of donor database.
– Assist in donor development through major donor research to include wealth screens, internet research, etc.
– Keep current on policies and procedures regarding database and key functions.
– Create appeal codes as needed for external and internal mailings.
– Maximize value of Raiser’s Edge NxT by serving as the Training Lead for the Foundation taking trainings as needed, ensuring Data Team takes needed trainings, and notifying Foundation staff of training opportunities.
– Coordinate with national direct mail vendor and Foundation Management to maintain, review, and revise, as needed, the Direct Mail Annual Plan.
– – – National Direct Mail Vendor
– – – – – Provide NDMV staff with needed information/materials to create mailings.
– – – – – Proof and approve NDMV materials.
– – – – – Lead bi-monthly calls with vendor.
– – – YBGR Foundation Mailings
– – – – – Create content (letters, premiums, etc.) for mailings.
– – – – – Work with printing company on layout, ordering, and mailing deadlines.
– – – – – Proof materials to ensure accuracy.
– Communicate with the CFO and Ranch on specific gifts.
– Prepare gift reports for regular distribution.
– Prepare “thank you” receipts as needed.
– Coordinate with digital marketing vendor and Foundation Management to implement digital marketing campaign.
– Work with Foundation Management and Public Relations staff to create content and messaging.
– Support Foundation Webmaster by providing content for the website and serving as backup for administering the site.
– Backup to DSAA for memorials and obituaries, data entry, and answering phones.
– Pick up mail daily at post office.
– Ability to attend continuing education courses, as required.
– Willingness to offer IT support and oversee phone system.
– Other projects as assigned.
– Bachelor’s degree in marketing/communications or related field or equivalent work experience.
– Fundraising or sales and supervisory experience preferred.
– Working knowledge of Word, Excel and donor databases, preferably Raiser’s Edge.
– Work hours 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., M-F, with a one-hour lunch to be determined.
– Must be detail oriented, a team player, and self-motivated.
– Must demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills.
– Must be well-organized and able to meet goals and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Resume and contact information may be submitted by email to Kristi Farver Oaks, Executive Vice President of Development